Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wrong Road Name On Invites

Yes, I know. It's tragic when editors make mistakes ON THEIR OWN WEDDING INVITATIONS.

The wedding will be held on Guy Hood Drive, not Guy Hood Road.

Mr. Hood, I apologize. Grandaddy - since it was you who chose the name of the road - I apologize. (Family, am I right in remembering that Rainbow City wanted to name it after him, but he said that was an honore reserved for dead people, and since he wasn't dead it'd make more sense to honor Mr. Hood?)

In my defense, I did send three emails asking if I had the address right and got no replies, so I winged it.

Fortunately, Maquest, Google Maps et. al. take you to the same place.

If your invitation is a bit smeared it's probably the hot tears of shame I cried when I realized what I had done. Seriously, you can ask Curtis - I bawled my eyes out.

It has occurred to me that this wedding is, in a way, a celebration of my love for the farm and my family, and what it, and they, mean to me, and my joy in finding someone who appreciates it all as much as I do and wants it to be a part of his life going forward, too. So I'm upset, in a way that I somehow let the farm and my family down by getting that wrong. But I suppose it's the spirit of the thing that matters most, and perhaps I can be forgiven a small detail.

No comments: