Sunday, August 24, 2008

What Should I Wear?

Ladies first and foremost – shoes you can walk in! This is not the place for dainty heels. They will either sink into the grass or cause you to slip in the gravel.

The weather in Riddles Bend is amazingly nice in early October. My aunt and uncle have a pumpkin party there annually on the third Saturday in October (you Alabama people know what that means), and it’s usually gorgeous. Low 80s for a high.

So think something that will keep you fairly cool during the day and perhaps a wrap if it gets chilly after dark.

As for the tone – if you can’t already tell this is a fashionably casual event. Not jeans or shorts (unless your under 7 or so) but definitely not sequins and ties either! And no pantyhose unless you just like wearing them. I despise them, so if you like to take your cues from the bride, know that. Also, my dress is tea length, if that helps you in any way.

How do I see our guests dressed? Ladies in nice skirts and blouses or sweaters (whichever you prefer) or dresses. Or sundresses. Gents in khakis and shirts, but jackets are not necessary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean I can't wear my tiara?