Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Tractor Shed?

I know some of you think I am kidding, or exaggerating, so here’s a picture of the reception venue.



Yes, it has had tractors in it my entire life. After the demise of the original shed, my aunt and uncle converted the end of the tractor shed into the commercial zone for selling tomatoes, corn, whatever is to be sold these days.

And ever third weekend in October they have a pumpkin party there with hayrides and pumpkins for the kiddies to pick out of the fields. They set up grills and bring a TV out to watch that all important third-Saturday-in-October Alabama football game.

Architecturally speaking, it’s a gem. I believe it dates to the 30s, perhaps. The rafters are lovely. The color of the rusted tin roof is the inspiration for my shoes and flowers.



I mean, if Martha Stewart were to come down and fill it with big ol’ flower arrangements, yummy food and nicely decorated tables and do a photo shoot there, my aunt and uncle could send their grandson to Harvard on the money they’d rake in from renting the place out to local brides!

We may not be totally up to Martha’s level, but I think we’ll do pretty well come Oct. 11.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! The very first wedding I was ever in (at 19! gosh I was young!) had the same kind of thing for a reception. It's STILL one of the best weddings I've ever been to :) -- and, 18 years later? They're still going strong!